Friday, April 27, 2012
Minecraft in the Classroom
Here it is! Our first attempt at a Minecraft project. I was blown away by the amount of work that these kids put into this project. Before school, after school, during study hall, during class, on the weekends, getting a pass out of another class (when they could) - all because they were excited about this project. They worked together on the speech, recording, learning new ways of screencasting, taught others their new tricks, brought new ideas to other classroom teachers, and took more pride than I have ever seen in any other project. I'm excited to share with you, their work over how technology and people change the land and environment and the lasting impact of those changes on people and geography. Kevin, Gunther, Kaleigh, Skylar, and Michael - I am so beyond proud of how hard you all worked on this. I hope it is the beginning of many more amazing efforts.
Topic/Theme: Agricultural Revolutions (They chose "Chinese Agricultural Revolution)
With your group you will prepare a presentation, with visual aides, addressing the
1. How did humans change the land?
2. How did this change improve their life?
3. What affect has this change in environment had on humans, animals, etc?
4. What new “technologies” were introduced at this time?
5. How did (or how might) the new developments change society over time?