Sunday, April 29, 2012

The end is near...

The end of the year is quickly approaching and that can sometimes mean that kids are ready to be outside, not sitting at a desk (especially for the seniors!). So I'm doing everything in my power to get them out of their seats and moving around, working with other people, and trying new things.

I'm on a bit of a kick with iMovie now since putting together the Minecraft piece with my World History kids. The upcoming features will include: a PSA about cyber crime from my Street Law class, a "Dateline" special about 2011 Sports Scandals from my Sports History class, and the 10:00 news(ish) covering the Obama presidency in my US History class.

I know it's a little repetitive, but none of the kids repeat, so I'm excited to introduce them to the new program and give them an opportunity to try something we don't do much (that I'm aware of) at NEH - video work/editing. The US History kids are excited to try something that they have decided is a little like WCTV (which they will have an opportunity to participate in next year).

I'm excited to have the kids excited about working together to fit the pieces together. In addition to having a research piece to put together, which they will write, edit, and rehearse, they each also have some sort of production role. We're hitting a lot of the universal constructs, and as we close out the year I'm really looking forward to having something to keep them moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment