Tuesday, March 13, 2012

How will I know I'm successful?

Last week my mentor asked me how I would know that I had been successful in my project. I decided that in the short term, it will be if I can get 50% of teachers to incorporate a new technology into a lesson plan for students - AND successfully teach the lesson. In the long run I would like to see at least 25% of teachers continue down a journey of slowly but steadily increasing their technology use in the classroom - beyond my practicum! If I can inspire even a handful to continue down a journey of meaningfully incorporating technology into their content lessons, and to continue on the path of bettering themselves as educators with new practices, thinking outside the box, and creating new ways for students to learn, I will consider myself successful.

So far I have had the choir teacher help me upload videos of her concert for students to write reflections, and I'm doing a joint project with the Kindergarten, 3rd grade, and my freshmen, and I helped the English teacher get her students set up with wikis. This is a step in the right direction - all of these are lined up within 1 week of having done the initial professional development day. I look forward to continuing this journey with my colleagues!

No comments:

Post a Comment