Friday, March 16, 2012

Kindergarten Chaos

Having never taught elementary, although sometimes I think my seniors revert back to those days - just kidding guys - kinda :) having 20+ 5 & 6 year olds in one small computer lab was a new experience. Plus 25 8th & 9th graders, and a few 2nd & 3rd graders! It was loud, it was busy, and it was FUN! My favorite way to learn!

We ran into some time constraints, so not all of the Kindergarten students got to type their own project, but they did all get to read their words to the older kids, and create a picture like the one in my previous post.

We have another join venture using Build Your Wild Self when the Kindergarten students start their zoo study before their big field trip. I definitely have some adjustments to make before then, but Mrs. Oakland was a great sport, and the kids had a good time, so she wants to do it again!

So we all learned something, and we have ways to make it better for next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment